Translate

Monday, May 28, 2012

the performance record

It was at the doors of heaven;  an auto driver and a priest died and were waiting to be welcomed to heaven.

First was the auto-driver;  he wore a flashy thin red jeans, an yellow sleevless shirt, a black hat and a long cigarette on his lips.  His nick-name was RAJANI becuase he looked exactly like Rajnikanth.  God asked;
"What's your name,  and where are you from?"
He said,  My name is Pandian,  and I am an auto driver from Chennai"
 
God checked his computer for Pandian's profile and was very happy.
" Come my son,  you are welcome to Heaven,  wear this silk gown and golden chain,  we will have a party tonight.
 
Second was the priest.  He was a very pious man,  lived a very austeric life for 40 years.  God asked;
"Please introduce yourself my son"
Priest said,  " I am Fr. Paul,  I lived 40 years as a priest in Pala town and lived a very austere life"
God said,  just a minute,  and he checked his computer
"  You are also welcome my son, wear this cotton white dhoti and banyan and go to room number 40 and rest"

Fr. Paul was quite embarrassed "  But excuse me father,  you gave such a warm welcome and costly dress to this wretched looking auto driver who all his time was driving people so recklessly on the streets of Chennai and you treat me like a second class citizen in heaven!!!"
 
God said -  "I can't help my son,  it is the performance record that cannot cheat!  
WHEN YOU PREACHED FOR 40 YEARS,  PEOPLE SAT COMFORTABLY IN THE CHURCH AND SLEPT  WHILE THIS AUTO DRIVER WAS SO RECKLESS IN HIS DRIVING THAT HIS PASSENGERS SAT IN HIS AUTO AND ALWAYS PRAYED.  HE MADE THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE CALL GOD AND PRAY WHILE YOU MADE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE SLEEP!!!

1 comment: